Thursday, October 2, 2008

Intimidation...



I've always been intimidated by Orchid's. I mean honestly, such stunning flowers couldn't possibly thrive under my care. I get all excited if I manage to get a Geranium to bloom! So this year, right after Christmas, I SPLURGED, and dropped $30. on an Orchid. My plan was to toss it when it got done blooming, because I KNEW I could never get it to bloom on my own.

It bloomed its little heart out for MONTHS! It was early spring before the last bloom faded. Rather than toss the plant I moved it to my porch, tossed some water on it from time to time, and ignored it. And then, it did THIS. And behind these blossoms, is another stem full of buds coming along.

My lesson in this, I think, is stop being intimidated by things. So, I just started a new venture... I am taking yoga class. That is something else I have always been scared to try. I had my second class tonight and lived to tell. I enjoyed it, was able to do everything suggested I do, and I feel terrific. What intimidates you?

1 comment:

Cottagecheap said...

The only thing intimidating to me is my very talented friends! :-D