Monday, November 17, 2008

Good news/bad news...

I had good news and bad news today. The good news was that when I popped into the cute little local florist and gift shop that I love, everything was half price! I bought roses to put in antique bottles around my house, and snagged two of these precious little vine and hydrangea wreaths to hang in my windows. The bad news is that the shop will be closing in a week forever. This makes me feel very sad. Not only did I buy roses there all winter to brighten my house, but I enjoyed chatting with the people there. The owners comment about the state of the economy was this; "The guys that used to stop and buy flowers for their wives aren't buying just now."

2 comments:

solarity said...

I'm sorry to hear they can't weather the down times. My uncle the florist used to say, about this time of year, that he might be having poinsettia soup for Christmas dinner, but he survived and even managed to retire comfortably.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

gotsnoopy said...

So sad to hear about the florist shop. Hard times, and for every phone call that comes in for grooming, I pray a little prayer of thanks.