Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sweet farewell...

The puppy our good dog Flirt had went to her new home today.  My niece, Aimee (left, with her sister Elyse) took the 1.8 lb. ball of fluff off to her new life. I have enjoyed this experience so much I cannot quite find the words to describe it.  Watching Flirt give birth and skillfully care for a new baby was a treat.  Watching that baby grow from a blind, deaf newborn to a round ball of animated fluff has been a joy.  The past weeks have been rich in wonder, amazement, dawning love and laughter.  And now I get to hand all that off to someone I adore.  There are so many gifts here, so much to be grateful for. When I try to count my blessings I can't... they are overwhelming.


2 comments:

Rain said...

Oh Daryl, such a beautiful thing to say about your very beautiful nieces! And the cutest little puppy!!~~Rain

Simpler Times said...

Beautifully put...all I can do is shake my head yes in utter agreement and understanding!