Monday, December 17, 2012

December snow...

I love snow. Particularly in December. That whole "white Christmas" thing makes me undeniably happy. This snow is nice because it is quite cold out, so it is light and fluffy, easy to shovel!
The poor chickens don't like the snow, no matter what month it arrives. They huddle about dejectedly in the coop. This one ventured out, hated it, perched on the gate and stayed put until I scooped her up and carried her "home."
I am listening to Christmas Classics on Pandora,something I have very much enjoyed this season, and baking sugar cookies while the snow comes down. I heard someone outside and looked out to see a stranger plowing my driveway. I am not sure if they were confused or if they were practicing a random act of kindness, but I am most grateful!
Before the sun sets I'll go out and fill the livestock water buckets, top off the wild bird feeders and make sure everyone is snug and well fed. Then I plan to finish off the day by wrapping some presents. December snow days agree with me.

No comments: