Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Kinda greasy..."

Just as the weather people predicted, we had snow today. Tiny flakes began to fall at dawn, and I enjoyed them as I did morning chores.
By the time I left for work, not much accumulation had occurred. But the roads were scary slippery and I drove white-knuckled all the way. I saw several cars skidding and slipping, one did a 360 degree spin not far in front of me. Roads like this are described by Mainer's as "kinda greasy."
The ride home was not as bad, but I find that driving on slick roads makes me oh-so-grateful to be home, where my heart is.
Once inside, I light every candle in the place, poke the wood stove till it roars like a caged bear, and start cooking. When my husband arrives home safely I breath deeply and relax into the coziness of a winter evening. Let it snow and blow and be "greasy," we are cozy.

No comments: