Thursday, February 15, 2018

And then this happened...

When you have farm animals, you have animal feed. And when you have animal feed, you sometimes have rodent visitors.  I've been contemplating getting a "barn cat," for a few years.  We don't really have a barn, but we have a nice garage where a cat could live comfortably.  So, when I recently found out about two little kittens which were not being cared for properly and needed a home, I thought I'd give my idea a whirl.  First I went and met the kittens.

They are little things, 3-4 months old I'd guess. Very friendly boys. Next we stopped and bought things kittens need. A litter pan, kitty litter, toys. Lots of toys. A soft bed and a nice tote to tuck the bed into so they could have a cozy retreat.  Then we brought them home.

And because we are who we are, we popped them right into the bath tub. They were a little grubby.

We cuddled them in towels, and then fluffed them dry. And they were very good about all it.  


And then they were all clean and cuddly and sweet smelling.  



They are settling in nicely, being playful and purring up a storm.  Now they need names.  I hope they will be a positive addition to FairWinds, and eat lots of mice. 


No comments: