Friday, May 4, 2018

Kids and kittens and bunnies, oh my!

As if there were not enough little, white,  kids in the pasture, here they are with mirror images.  All of them are getting big, and they are sleek and lovely to look at.

Spirit, Bliss and Echo snuggle sweetly.  Spirit is a wonderful mama. She even lets the other does kids nurse on her.  These three look so pretty together.  The Saanen goats are my favorites. They are quiet, sweet, and biddable. I like the shape of their delicate little faces, too.

 The kittens put themselves in adorable positions, seemingly begging to have the paparazzi come to call.  I oblige.

Click
Clack



 They seem to have forged a relationship with this rabbit. I often see them  hanging out together. I become alarmed when I see the kittens chasing the bunny. Then I laugh when roles are reversed and the rabbit chases the kittens. Other times they just potter along, side by side. The inter-species relationships here never cease to amaze me.

Meanwhile, some tree swallows are checking out this nest box.  There was an English Sparrow hanging around, but I strongly discouraged him and he seems to have taken the hint and moved on.  

After a lot of rain, we've had some lovely warm days. The world is turning green, and I am glad. Quiet mornings I can hear loons and Canada geese on the pond, and song birds are filling the air with melody throughout the day. It's been fine enough this week to open the windows and let the fresh breezes billow through the lace curtains and push out the stale of winter. The house and I breath in deeply, welcoming. 

No comments: