Saturday, April 20, 2019

Bluebirds...

When we first moved here there were  three bluebird houses in the back yard. I was overjoyed when the houses were filled, one with a bluebird family, the other two with tree swallows.  Over the years those houses became damaged and we replaced them with new ones, in better locations. One is close to the window I look out each day while I work.

Two or three weeks ago a handsome male bluebird started hanging around, despite some vile weather. I loved hearing him sing his happy song, and he often perched right on top of the bird box while he trilled.


This week a lovely lady bluebird joined him.

They gave the house a good hard look, inside and out.

Then they had a chat about the merits of raising a family here.

Oh how I hope she likes the place!

No comments: