Thursday, June 3, 2021

Relationships...

 One of the things I love about living with and around animals is watching the relationships they share. It is a constant wonder to me. 

The other day we cleaned out the donkey dorm and hung a fresh Himalayan salt block. I was happy to catch this picture of Sarah and Spirit sharing. 


 There is a bluebird house just outside the window of the grooming studio. Earlier in the spring, a pair of bluebirds checked it out, then moved on. A pair of English Sparrows visited, and I tried and succeeded in discouraging them. Tree swallows examined but didn't buy it. Today, to my delight, several pairs of bluebirds showed up and fought over the house, giving me some lovely distractions. 







There was a bit of arguing over real estate, which seems to be typical these days with humans, and bluebirds, too. I am hoping some lucky couple will raise a clutch for us to admire.  Those would be some lovely relationships to see. 



No comments: