Saturday, August 14, 2021

Senility...

 See this face? It looks so innocent. So pretty. Surely, someone, you would like to know. 


But she's really a little MEAN. 

Here is an example. She likes to make me question my mental health. How you may ask? Well, let me tell you. First, there is this, "Mom. Remember to call Mrs. W. She called last Friday! (accusingly) She wants to know what brush she should buy for her dogs" My mind goes into turbo overdrive. Mrs. W? I know her. I know her dogs. I have zero memory of why I am supposed to call her.  Moments later, when I am in turmoil of wondering how I forgot to call this woman, my dear daughter says, "I didn't tell you. She called and needs you to call her back." Phew. I guess my aging brain is not at fault here. 

Then there is this. 99% of the time I make my bed in the morning. Smooth sheets, spread up and lovely, toss pillows neatly arranged. Once in a while, in the summer, I leave the bed "open," because it has been a hot and sweaty night and I want the sheets to air out. This was the case recently, yet when I went into our room that evening I found our bed all nicely fixed. I knew I had left it unmade. My husband sometimes makes the bed but he is not a fan of extra pillows and demonstrates his distaste by refusing to put them on, so clearly, he had not made our bed. Besides which, he was gone early when I was still in repose. I had felt a little bad, all day, that I had not made our bed. But THIS bed was neatly made, with pillows in place.  I froze in confusion.  I had left the bed unmade. But here it was, all pretty, with pillows. I questioned my sanity. I contemplated my drooling future. I wondered if I should quickly invest in nursing home insurance.  Then I remembered my daughter had been upstairs that day. She was clearly the one that made the bed. And made me question my brain function. She looks cute. But really? She had a little evil in her. 


No comments: