Sunday, August 22, 2021

Storms and gardens...


 A hurricane is passing by New England today and tomorrow. The air is still and thick and the distance view over the ridge is broody. 

Up close, though, the gardens are full of color. All my flowers this year were either gifted to me in the spring or volunteered from seeds left behind last year. The beds look a little reckless and wild but are certainly bright and cheery. 

The Cosmos are taller than I am, and dance and nod in even the slightest breeze. 

These are mystery flowers, I'd love to know what they are. 
The birds plant sunflowers for me every year. Those happy golden faces nodding in the garden make me smile. 


Zinnias are so hardy and bright. The hummingbirds love them and buzz from one brilliant bloom to the next, drinking deeply. Soon they will migrate south, fueled by flowers.


A sweet customer brought us this jewel-tone bouquet yesterday. The long view outside may be a little gloomy, but the garden is glowing. 


No comments: