Friday, September 20, 2024

Paddle...

 I am guilty of not always making time for things I enjoy. Kayaking is one of those things. I adore paddling around on calm Maine lakes; it is a deeply peaceful endeavor. I have a very nice kayak, but so far this summer, I have not taken it out even once. I lamented this fact to Chris, and Wednesday after work, I found my little boat all dusted off and loaded into the back of my truck. 

The sun was settling, and the lake was perfectly calm. Chris helped me launch and sat with a book while I remembered the rhythm of the water dance. I didn't see so much as a turtle or bird; it was just me and the ripple of water against the bow. 

I didn't stay out long. Chris was patiently waiting, and there were animals to feed and supper to cook, but oh, what a lovely little slice of time I had, and how I appreciate the gift of it. 

No comments: