Monday, April 23, 2018

Critter season...

This time of year, my time is taken up with critters. In a good way. My life is just so FULL of life.

The new kittens have dispatched their first mouse, and are very entertaining.  They are devoted to each other, and I love to watch them chasing breeze-tossed feathers and early bugs. They have the makings of excellent hunters.

 I had worried how they would be with my diminutive Silky Chickens. I need not have been concerned. They do annoy the free range rabbits a little, but the rabbits do not seem terribly upset by their stalking and chasing. Our little kingdom remains peaceful.


The goat kids are growing by leaps and bounds.



And they have a special fascination for the free range rabbit. She tolerates them amazingly well, sitting very still while they sniff her all over.

They are brimming with life and joy and curiosity. I spend a lot of time just watching them.


The horse and donkey have epic patience with the little things.  They leap and nuzzle, nibble and climb. We all are entertained by their antics. 
My first waking thought is about the animals. I often dream about them in my sleep.  All day long, I think about them, take care of them, and watch them. It makes me happy. I think it makes them happy, too.


No comments: