Sunday, January 5, 2020

Warm gift...

I could have done way worse in the in-law department. Not only was I incredibly lucky in my choice of life partners, he also has a sweet family. Example: my sister in law Brenda, and her daughter Lisa.
Lisa is just two months younger than me, sometimes I forget she's a "niece." These ladies are seriously talented, and Generous with a capitol "G." Brenda called me just before Christmas and said, "I sent you a package, call me when you get ready to open it." That sounded promising. When Debbie, my lovely postal delivery lady, brought me a big, heavy box, I was pretty tickled. As soon as the last dog was groomed, we face-timed Brenda and Lisa.

Inside the box was a fabulous, beautiful, soft, warm quilt.  The dynamic mother/daughter duo were at it again, making people happy by gifting them with one of their works of art. They chose this fabric specially for us... lots of white and soft pastels to go with my taste, and the fabric is flannel, for added warmth in the long, cold, Maine winters. And it's perfect. We have a lovely feather duvet which we both are fond of. I mostly like it from the time I go to bed until about midnight, when it feels too hot. Chris likes it all the time. I end up tossing it off my side, and then I am too cold. But this quilt, made with love from my darling in-laws is JUST RIGHT.Not too hot, not too cold. And its pretty, too.

That's what I call a warm gift.

No comments: