Thursday, November 10, 2022

November starts...


 I am a fan of November. I like the look of the newly bare trees against the sky, the frost and chill, fire in the wood stove, and homemade soups. I even like the changing of the clocks, which makes me a freak. Of course, November is where Thanksgiving lives, that delightful day full of feasting, friends, and family. And the Owlet was born in November, the icing on the cake of a lovely month. She celebrated her first birthday with a family supper on the actual date and brunch with extended paternal family a few days later. She handled that soiree like a veteran, visiting with unfamiliar aunts and uncles confidently and with charm.  
Among her gifts was a wee, soft chair, just her size. But she is the gift to all of us, of course. Being a "Lovie" is even more fun than I imagined. I thrill at every new development and treasure the hours I spend with her almost daily. I know how very fortunate I am.

On a different note, Chris took a morning off work Monday to drive me to Portland for a procedure on my eye. We had to get up early, take care of the animals early, milk the goats early and be on the road before 6:30 to get there in time. I had fervently hoped we would have time to get a McDonald's biscuit for breakfast on the way. That seems silly, but living in the middle of nowhere, the occasional fast food meal is a treat. We were making good time when my phone rang, the doctor's office canceling my appointment. So we did what we do and made the best of a bad situation. Rather than a pedestrian biscuit, we popped into the fabulous A1 Diner. 


We dined on a superb breakfast, then took a pretty drive on a circuitous route home.  We shall try again next week. 

November has had a good start. 

No comments: