Sunday, July 28, 2024

Sweet Sunday...

 I hit the ground running this morning. The goats cheered on my efforts. 

 I cleaned out the goat cozy and then tackled my little milk room. It was a job long overdue. I evicted untold numbers of spiders and brushed their webs from the ceiling and walls. I swept the floor. I organized feed and tidied supplies. Everything looks bright and clean. 

The last load of hay was delivered, and the cats are so pleased. 

We had the Owlet and Cygnet here for several hours while their parents attended a funeral. The wee one took a two-hour nap on my chest, and that was precious. It was the longest she'd ever been apart from her parents, but she barely fussed. 

Chris and I ended the day hip to hip at the picnic table, dining on fresh wax beans from my generous neighbor's garden, new potatoes, and excellent steaks perfectly cooked on the grill. 

It wasn't the most productive day, but it was sweet. 





No comments: