Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bloomin' and anniversary...


(edit: I just realized the photos are reversed from where they should be. It is my birthday and I don't feel like redoing the entire post, so please use your imagination and flip the photos! Thanks!)

27 years ago today my beloved and I eloped and joined in Holy matrimony. We have been like a hook and eye ever since... joined in lock-step, and even when seperated by work or travel, we are always ready and waiting to rejoin. The bond is strong, and colorful!



51 years ago today my mothers water broke as she was riding the up escalator at Jordan Marsh department store, surrounded by her 4 small children. They were off to buy Easter shoes and outfits. She marched them right back down the opposite direction (much to their chagrin!) and went to the hospital where she then delivered ME. I have always felt that having a birthday in the early spring was a special gift. A time of new beginnings seems just right. 10 or so days ago my friend Sonia gave me some naked forcythia branches and told me to stuff them in water. I did as directed, and today those branches opened up in a thousand yellow bells, as if celebrating my birthday.

From locks to flowers, I find my blessings where I may. And they are bountiful.

3 comments:

solarity said...

Happy birthday anniversary, Daryl!

(Stony says he wants a deer for your birthday; there's one Right Out There, he says.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Rain said...

Mmmmmm...wish I had brought some of those branches in before 6am this morning-cause now they are bent over and underneath you do know what!!!-you're in Maine Daryl so I know you know what!! Spring is here-and my truck slid down the drive in front of my barn door!! oh my.............

Jeannine said...

I remember well the joy as we stood under the pines for your wedding. Each year I forget it is shared with your birthday. Happy birthdays !