Monday, August 15, 2011

Home again and turkey on the table...

I spent the weekend at the All American Grooming show in Chicago. I hate to leave home, partly because it is where I am happiest, and partly because I hate to leave all the animal care to those-who-did-not-choose-to-have-this-many-mouths-to-feed, but I went and had a very nice time. I gave 4 lectures and they were well attended and reviewed. I made some new friends and visited with some I have not seen in too long. The only fly in the ointment was a sudden, unexpected and incredibly ouchie back. I think perhaps a pinched nerve. Everyone was very kind to me and I am feeling better, (I love my chiropractor!)

Today I keep making trips outside to sit quietly and watch the critters. The turkeys make me smile, and I have to think that most folks have something entirely different than this in mind when they say they are "going to put turkey on the table." Five of my six Broad Breasted White poults are napping here, the sixth is in a pile with some ducklings. I think it may be having an identity crisis.



No comments: