Monday, November 14, 2011

Mice beware..!

Our home is in the country.  We are surrounded by wildlife of all kinds.  Eagles, fox, coyotes, turkeys and deer are all regularly seen on or near our property.  All of that makes me very happy.  But sometimes the wild things get, uh, a little to close for comfort.  This time of year I sometimes find evidence that mice have been tap dancing on my counter tops.  It is then that I wish we had a cat. 

Recently one of my grooming customers told me that they wanted to find a home for their Maine Coon cat- a huge guy with a sweet disposition.  I thought of the mice and looked at the massive cat.  I think the mice have met their match. 

We dubbed the new guy "Catfish Hunter."  He is settling in, getting to know the lay of the place and meeting his new staff.  He has the dogs trembling in fear as he stalks about.  One impressive feline; I have a feeling he is going to earn his keep.  




No comments: