Monday, January 23, 2012

Things that make me laugh...

Monday is traditionally my "writing day." I work on articles for magazines, presentations for public speaking and creative stuff. I am prone to huddling up in my bedroom office with classical music, a stash of cold Diet Coke, a pile of dogs snoring on the bed and (in winter!) a space heater making the place sauna hot. My family knows to leave me alone. My daughter is 22 and an amusing little minx. Today she was in extreme HELPFUL mode. While I wrote I could hear her doing dishes, running the vacuum, tidying up. I smelled floor cleaner and knew she was mopping, heard her toss in laundry and busy herself with chores that I consider to be "mine." I was grateful to my core. Then... I heard giggles. I am attracted to giggles with a magnetic-like force. I love many things, and a good laugh is very high on my list of favorites. So I got up from my desk and went to investigate. And I found... a chicken in the house. The dogs looked puzzled. The chicken looked entranced. What could I do but join in the laughs and grab my camera? Adventure Chicken was ousted after she made a deposit on the freshly washed kitchen floor. She had the last laugh!

1 comment:

Rain said...

Oh my gosh Daryl-I love this post!! That chick is fabulous!! Your daughter is a gem too!! Hope you had a productive day writing!!~~Rain