Monday, March 12, 2012

Missed shot...

"Honey!" my husband called from upstairs. I was snuggled on the sofa, checking my email and wishing I could think of something to blog about. "Look out the front window." I turned my head. From my vantage point I could see through the window, out the porch and to the front yard beyond. I gasped. 20 feet from where I was sitting is a crab apple tree. This tree is a popular spot for birds and I have taken many nice pictures of chickadees, robins, waxwings and even a bluebird in its branches. Well today... today the tree was filled with wild turkeys! The thin branches bowed under their weight, and they plucked dried fruit and swallowed it deftly down. Sadly, by the time I got up an grabbed my camera they had left the little tree and were meandering around in the field across the street. I did manage to get a few shots of them there... and this white turkey stood out rather gloriously. I don't know that it is a true albino, but it certainly is not colored like the rest of the flock. I never know from one moment to the next what wonder will appear. I almost missed this one, good thing my husband was more observant than I!

No comments: