Thursday, March 29, 2012

Out like a lamb?

They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. As I turn the last few calendar pages of the month I'd say the old adage has things wrong! In the last 24 hours we've had cold rain, freezing rain, sleet, hail and snow. Today is gray and wet. At first glance there was no reason to take my camera outside, but I tasked myself to find something pretty. And of course, I did. So I kept looking...
I bought this little wren house a few years ago, in hopes some sweet feathered thing would raise babies there. To date no one has. I've changed it's location, so maybe this will be the year?
This shot looks more like a Christmas card than a spring photo... but I can't begrudge how pretty the frosting is, despite my ardent wish for spring.

No comments: