Sunday, January 22, 2017

Bravo goes to the beach...

Bravo has only been to the beach once before today.  He was about 4 months old and it scared him.

Today was unseasonably warm, and I was needing to be near the ocean.  I put on my brand new hiking boots to break them in right. On salty, wet sand.
The beach was pretty much deserted.  Several signs along the way had sternly warned us that dogs MUST BE ON LEASH AT ALL TIMES. I dutifully kept Bravo on leash as we walked to the waters edge. Then I dropped the handle and let him drag it.  Not quite following the rule to the letter of law.   Small waves were rolling up on the shore.  Bravo was shocked at all the motion.  He approached with extreme caution.

As the little wave broke near him he sprung backwards in surprise. Then bounced into action, barking and snapping at the thing.  Clearly, that wave needed killing.
This went on for a while.  Then he saw a gull wading near the waters edge and the race was on.
He was having such a great time.  Then it got better.  He met ZuZu.

ZuZu's human told me that lots and lots of people bring their dogs there, and everyone completely ignores the rules about leashes.  Shortly after they arrived, a pretty Brittany spaniel joined in the fun.

I'm pretty sure the conversation went something like this; "Gee, your butt smells terrific." "No, YOURS does."  NO, YOURS IS BEST."  More running happened.

This dog is just so happy. 

We climbed up on some rocks.


And then he thanked me for bringing him to the beach.




No comments: