Saturday, September 2, 2017

Subscription boxes...

Subscription boxes are all the rage now.  People enroll for a service and every month get a happy delivery in the mail.  Wine of the month, perfume of the month, candy, make up, socks, even beard oils.  I, too, have happily subscribed to have something special brought to my house.

My niece, Aimee, was visiting recently, and I delightedly showed her my delivery.


"Coconut chips with chocolate?" she asked.  "Oh, much BETTER!" I replied.  These are fly predator larvae.  A funny look crossed her pretty face.  I went on to explain.  "When they begin to hatch, I sprinkle them around the pasture.  Little bugs,thousands of them, disperse and eat fly larvae.  Since I've been getting these, we have far fewer flies. And when you live on a farm, there are always way too many flies."  I was excited, telling her about my happy discovery.



Her lips twitched a little.  She turned away.

Later she chuckled when she said, "Some people get subscription boxes with lingerie, lipstick, record albums, yarn... you?  You get BUGS."  Her lips twitched some more "Only you."  I had to see the humor.  I guess it does take a certain someone to be happy when the mail delivery lady brings a box of bugs.

No comments: