Friday, August 25, 2017

Paint party..!

I have the best family. Really.  Last weekend my sister Deb, her kind husband, John, and amazing daughter, Aimee,  arrived to help us. This means a long drive and time of their own given up to do hard labor.  See?  They are amazing.

The garage was all cleaned out. The weather was fine. And we began to spread white stain on the old, knotty pine walls of the garage.  It wasn't exactly difficult work, but it was tedious and oh there was a lot of wood to cover.  But good spirits prevailed.


Between slapping a paint brush Chris fired the smoker up and smoked up 4 slabs of pork ribs as only he can.  By the time we wound up the days work and showered, he had the table set and laden with the most delicious feast.



Smoked ribs, Memphis style cole slaw, jalapeno cheddar corn bread, fresh corn on the cob.  We were all tired but enjoyed great eats and laughs.

Sunday we finished up the stain work, and Chris and John delighted me by hanging some things on the clean, fresh, walls. This funky architectural piece was a gift from an old friend.  I knew I loved it, but didn't know what I wanted to do with it.  Rachel suggested we hang it in the freshly spiffed garage. She's smart like that.  It's fabulous.






I also found a home for the sign from my fathers business.  He was so proud of this sign, and it makes me happy to have it hanging here now.

We have been drying wild flowers and hung some from the rafters. My friend Brenda has dried more for me, and I can hardly wait to add them to the mix.

There will be little twinkly lights on the rafters, too.

I've dreamed of having a sweet area to milk my goats.  That dream can now be checked off my "to do" list.
Ella goat is entranced by the art on the walls.  She finds it nibble worthy.

My family. They make dreams come true.






No comments: