Sunday, July 15, 2018

Round and about...

I think our yard is looking particularly lovely this year. 


The gardens have an abundance of bright blooms. 


Including these delightful speckled petunias.

I have a variety of galvanized buckets stuffed with flowers, too. 

And some window boxes and hanging baskets decorate the cute coop.  

The bird feeding station and bath are very popular with the local avian crowd. I'm letting the volunteer sunflowers come up, because they will be so pretty. 

I love spending time in the yard this time of year. And the animals do, too.  Flirt, recovering from surgery to repair a troublesome hernia, is visited by Click (next to Flirt) and Clack, (with his lovely eyes) who plainly adore her. 


We are weaning Echo and Bliss, the goat kids Spirit gifted us with in March.  They are the grand daughters of Luna, my first and much loved goat, and will stay here with us.   We have moved them to the hen yard, where they have a little house to shelter them, a nice tent for shade, and two new lamb friends to keep them company. With SO many kids born this spring (11!) I did not spend enough time with them all, and these doelings were a bit wild.  Now that they are in a small space (and to be honest, a bit bored) they find visits from me to be fun and exciting. Especially when I bring a little grain.  They are becoming very tame and even a little cuddly. They delight me. I think goats are pretty, but I find Saanen's, (which is what these girls are) to be especially lovely. I just like looking at them. I'll be glad when I can move them back to the big pasture with the rest of the herd, but for now I am enjoying spending some special time with kids and adorable lambs. And treats. Lots of treats.


No comments: