Monday, September 17, 2018

Kiss my ...

A few years ago one of my customers told me that she and her friend were interested in acquiring a couple of donkeys. They would live at her friends house. She wanted to know if her friend could come meet Abraham.  They did, indeed, come to see him, (they brought apples) and I answered a few questions. I guess they liked my boy, because they built a wonderful barn, put up some excellent fence, and found two donkeys through a rescue organization. Both the humans and the donkeys were very happy.

The male donkey, Tony, was very young. The female, Flora, was a bit older.  They were not terribly friendly at first, but came around with lots of tender, loving care.  One early morning, three months ago, to their total surprise, the new donkey owners found a little foal on the wrong side of the fence. A miracle baby, all ears and fluff.  Flora had been hiding a secret. They named the secret Simon.

Rachel and I went to meet him today.

That FACE. And that fluffy hair. Those dainty legs and wee hooves.




And ears for DAYS.




He has these incredible EYES. But really, what got me?



His little, warm, velvet, muzzle. He was generous, letting me kiss him a LOT of times.

These donkeys have the most wonderful home. The adults were on the way to be meat when they were whisked off to shady slice of equine heaven in Maine. Here they have everything any donkey could ever wish for. Plenty of good food, fresh water, space to move about. They have a marvelous shelter, and humans who dote upon them. They are all friendly and obviously happy. And they let crazy visitors kiss their sweet faces.

I am becoming a donkeholic. And baby donkeys? They are positively addictive.




No comments: