Saturday, March 23, 2019

The magic of paint...

Living in Maine, having a wood stove is, in my opinion, a necessity. And keeping matches near the stove is a handy thing to do. I had a black iron match box hanging on the wall, but I didn't like the way it looked. I found a white iron one and replaced it, but the shape wasn't really right.  During a recent antiquing trip my clever niece Aimee found a lovely old painted metal one, nicely chipped and worn. I bought it and brought it home. It was almost perfect. But not quite.

 
It occurred to me that it needed some ornamentation. And on the day that this occurred to me, my artist friend was going to be coming here to have her dogs groomed.  I called and asked if she would mind bringing her paints.
 
 


 
I love watching artists work. And I really love enjoying the work when it's done!
 
 
Now my match safe is perfect.


No comments: