Sunday, March 31, 2024

Celebrations...

We call it the "Birthdaversary," and it rolls around every year on March 31st, which happens to be my birthday. Forty years ago, my then fiancĂ© asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Desperately in love, I told him, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He is an expert at making my wishes come true and set to work arranging for us to elope on my birthday. And we did. 

 So, today, we celebrate forty years of dreams shared and accomplished, side by side. 


Marti Stone Photography

Marti Stone Photography

Like everyone else, we have experienced challenges and successes, tears and laughter. But mostly, we have had so much joy. We both feel grateful every day for the life we have created, for the peaceful home we share, and for the sweet relationships with our daughter and son-in-love and their healthy, happy children. Sometimes, we catch one another's eye at the dinner table and smile, surrounded by friends and family, the chatter of a toddler, and the cadence and rhythm of voices and laughter as we share a meal. It is riches beyond measure this life we live. 






No comments: