Monday, September 29, 2008

That's my girl...



This angelic looking thing is my daughter, Rachel. I adore her with every fibre of my being. I think she is shaping up into a remarkable young woman. Rachel is a college student, and recently got a job working as a personal care assistant in a retirement home. Interestingly enough, I had a similar job when I was her age.

She has just completed her first 4 days of bathing, feeding and cleaning up after elderly people. She called to tell me all about her work. I remember this work is hard, and sometimes sad, and often rather icky. She didn't complain a bit about any of that. She did, however, have me wishing for some Depends undergarments when she said, "Mummy, I love you way to much to ever put you in a place like this." These are the sort of words that warm a mothers heart! But then she finished her thought... "I'll SHOOT you first!"

That's my girl.

No comments: