Friday, June 26, 2009

The chicks...



The chicks are almost 3 months old now. I've had a few requests to see photos and hear how they are doing... the answer is, GREAT! They are fat, sassy, healthy and getting pretty. I am certain that the Silver laced Wyandotte on the left of the lower photo is a baby rooster. I've never had a rooster, and hope he will not be too naughty. The other two are females. The White Wyandotte in the top photo? I say it's a girl, (pullet) but Chris thinks its a boy,(cockerel.) Stay tuned!
The chickens not only have a wonderful new coop, they also have almost an acre of fenced yard to roam. They nosh on clover, bugs and earth worms, pick up the sunflower seeds scattered under the wild bird feeder, scratch, nap in the sun or under the lamb lounge with the sheep and pretty much live a charmed life.
As for me, I enjoy watching them more than I can say. And those eggs...? Frosting on the cake.

No comments: