Sunday, July 24, 2011

Memory triggers...


It is funny the things that trigger memories. This Portulaca blossom, (also known as "Moss Rose") reminds me of my sweet mother in law. Vernice Inez Parker Conner was beloved by me for many reasons; most of all because she created my precious husband. She loved to work in her yard and garden, and she told me once that Moss Rose were among her favorite of flowers. I plant some every year and take time to be grateful for her life when I see them bloom.

1 comment:

Not So Apropos said...

I have a TOTAL portulaca memory trigger too! There is a great big (to a kid at least) rock on the front lawn at Nana and Papa's house, and when I was little, the first thing I'd do when we pulled into the driveway was to run to the rock, climb up on it, and check for blooms on the portulacas that papa kept growing in the rock's deep nooks and crannies.

Same flower, different memory. Like aunt like niece.