Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cooking...

Sometimes we get in a bit of a rut when cooking. We trot out the same meals again and again. And they are good, but (yawn) a tad boring! This week we were gifted with a freshly processed rabbit. Our friends have raised rabbits for years, and I've been wanting to try one. I marinated the rabbit overnight, then cut it up and browned it a bit. Next I tucked it into a wonderful clay pot with some carrots, onions, salt and pepper. I cooked it low and slow until it was tender and delicious. We had a nice little feast... it was the first time I've ever cooked rabbit. If you are wondering, it does taste remarkably like chicken. Rabbit is a very lean meat, good for those watching their weight or their fat intake. Trying new foods is a simple adventure that we find delicious!

No comments: