Monday, January 7, 2013

New kitchen widget...

My husband gifted me with a cast iron Dutch oven. I took it for a test drive tonight. One of our home raised chickens was elected for the trial run of the new pot. And this recipe is how I prepared it. It sounded so weird I just had to try it. http://www.thekitchn.com/the-ultimate-bird-jamies-chick-80388 Imagine, a recipe with chicken, milk, sage, cinnamon and garlic. The description in the above like was totally convincing. And true! The recipe is amazing. I love my new kitchen widget and look forward to many delicious creations in it.

1 comment:

solarity said...

That is pretty. It makes me want to get out the cast iron dutch oven which I only use when cooking in the coals. The one I use all the time is the cast aluminum one, which also belonged to my grandmother.

Mary Anne in Kentucky