Saturday, June 22, 2013

Around the place...

I took my camera out this evening after work. I had no idea what I would take pictures of, but soon found lots of things to point and shoot at. I was a bit amazed to find a 5 leaf clover! A first! I have let Flirt's hair grow out and styled it into an Asian inspired trim. She looks like a stuffed toy and I get a lot of compliments. The goats... tomorrow I will take the boys to my friend Marion's house for weaning. She has a lovely pasture all ready for them to romp in. I will miss them, but will also be happy to have fewer little faces here. Obama the rooster has a lot to crow about at dusk. That whole thing about roosters crowing just at dawn is a bill of goods. They crow all day long. Readers sometimes ask about Clara bunny. She is fine. Our routine is that she hops to greet me each morning when I go to do chores. I hand her a carrot or a pour out a little pile of cracked corn and sunflower seeds, and she has breakfast. The rest of the day she hops about, hanging with the poultry, nibbling on plants and lying in the sun. She is a happy rabbit. The broiler chicks are huge and funny. The Indian Runner ducks live with them are are growing in leaps and bounds. Their upright posture and quick movements make them fun to watch. Daughter Rachel groomed Dazzle today, she looks lovely. And those are some shots from around the place tonight.

No comments: