Monday, June 17, 2013

Funny things...

My niece Aimee came to visit and she seemed quite enchanted by the goat kids. She spent a lot of time sitting in the meadow while they climbed on her, tasted her and snuggled. They liked her a lot, especially when she magically appeared with bottles full of warm milk. I love to hear people laugh, and Aimee filled my ears with happy sounds while she was here.
Aimee's little dog, Loodle, came too. She thought spending time at Fair Winds was like Christmas morning! She ran with the goats, splashed happily in the duck pool, rolled in... well, we won't mention what she rolled in. She found the goats milk bottles were quite a delicacy, too! Insert more laughter here.
Aimee's mom, (my pretty sister) Deb was recovering from a nasty case of food poisoning, but despite not feeling her perky best we all had a good time. And lobster. And then for dessert I made...
a sort of trifle. I layered torn up bits of angel food cake, vanilla pudding, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream. Layer after layer. It tasted like all the best parts of summer in one tastebud dancing creation. You should go make one. Right NOW!!

No comments: