Friday, June 7, 2013

On dreams that come true...

11 years ago or so my patient husband and I were trying to decide if we were going to stay in Memphis where we were happily settled or pull up roots, leave our jobs and home and friends and move across the country to live in Maine. There was quite a lot of wavering as we made up our minds. One thing that kept my moving forward as we chased this dream was a little chant I'd repeat when the thought of moving seemed too big, too hard, too scary. I would tell myself, "You can have lobster any time you want!" This was silly I know, but it helped keep me packing boxes and moving forward, this sweet crustacean promise. Today my daughter surprised me by bringing lunch to work. It was a lobster taco from Home Kitchen. A friend told me two years ago that their lobster taco was the best food she had ever eaten, and I've been thinking of it ever since. It was such fun to try it, and, yes, it was indeed memorable. Then tonight our daughter spoiled us further by treating us to fresh lobster to cook at home. We had a lovely feast, and oh! it tasted like summer time. Add to this the fact that my husband surprised me yesterday by bringing me fried lobster for lunch, I would say that my long ago shellfish fantasy has really come true!

No comments: