Thursday, September 4, 2014

The path...

It is finished!
I am so happy with our new walkways.



The path was dug out, then sand placed in the new space.



The guys that laid the pavers were just so nice. Polite, grateful for cookies and coffee, and truly good at their jobs. They came in on their lunch break to tell me they were going to get food and asked if I wanted anything. I was deeply touched by that gesture. It was pleasant to hear them chatting and laughing together while they worked. It was even more pleasant to look out and see the progress of the amazing path they were creating for us.



And the guys went above and beyond. They laid landscape fabric between the path and the house and shoveled in a layer of stone, which looks very nice. Better yet, Ryan, the owner of the company said to me, "There is an awfully steep grade between the new path and the lawn. I sighed deeply. Those words sounded like they were going to be expensive. "I'm going to take care of that," he said. I didn't understand what he meant until a bit later when he showed up with a dump truck full of beautiful loam. He dumped it, then raked it out, creating a nicer grade. Then the team seeded the loam with grass seed and layered everything with hay, then watered it all in. This was much more than the job he had quoted me for, and I was just blown away by that extra work.



The end result is a wonderful, attractive, safe pathway that will last for a very long time. I am delighted.

No comments: