Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A little whimsey...



I stained the pony shed white a few weeks ago, and fastened some very funky hay forks along the top. The structure is not a thing of beauty, though it is very functional, and the stain and tools made it look much tidier, but more stark at the same time. I thought it might be nice to use a bit of the blue paint from the house doors and do a little something decorative along the front. Then I had an idea... one of my customers is an excellent artist and she is more that willing to barter.



I didn't really know what I wanted... I was thinking of a little border design. But I tossed caution to the winds and asked my friend to do what she wanted.



She said, "Your taste is a mixture of traditional and whimsical," and then she created this while I washed and groomed her two dogs.

The colors and design? They make me grin.

More grinning ensued when my daughter said, "Let's go apple picking!" when the grooming was done.







We followed these directions to the letter.

Then there was the pretty drive home.







With a final touch of whimsey when we found a flock of pea fowl clogging the road. I'd say it was a fine day.

No comments: