Monday, November 14, 2016

November afternoon...

Just back from a weekend away, with a staggering "to do" list, I didn't want to do much of anything.
I felt a case of the grumpies coming on, so grabbed my camera and headed out to spend some time with the animals.  An hour later I had some nice photos in hand and a smile on my face.

Chanel apparently missed me while I was gone, because she dogged my every step, nuzzling my pockets to look for treats, and rubbing on me with her big head when I would stop walking.
She is feeling good and that makes me so happy.
Little Abraham was right there, too, so close it was hard to get a picture.

The goats are wearing seasonal apparel.  By "seasonal," I mean HUNTING season.
Brown goats look an awful lot like a deer at a distance.  The neon orange advertises that they are not for shootin' at!


At 8 weeks old, the bunnies are getting big. They are still enchanting, and eating a LOT!!


The goats have ignored the little pine trees in  all season, but now that the pasture is gone they are making short work of them.  It is fun to see them standing up on their hind legs so they can reach the tender tips.

And Bravo.  He is almost 8 months old now.  He weighs 45 pounds, and stands 20" at the shoulder. He is a sweet spirit, biddable, happy, terrifically smart.  I'm not a very good trainer, but he is an easy dog to teach.

An hour in the sun with my animals.  Better than therapy by far.

No comments: