Thursday, January 11, 2018

Roses and smiles...

Several years ago I was in an antique store and saw a wonderful cabinet. It was old, and had layers of paint, much of it chipped. The overall color was a soft green, but under that a nice cream color, and under that, the brown of the wood.  The price tag was $175, and I vacillated, but really didn't have a place for it.  A year later I decided to open a grooming studio on my porch, and the very first purchase I made was that cabinet. I was delighted that it was still at the store where I found it, and brought it right home.  It has fun "make do" patches on it where holes had once been, made from the lids of old, rusted, tin cans. Inside is roomy, with tons of storage. I just love the old thing.

A few weeks ago I was looking on Pinterest and saw an old painted door, almost exactly like the one on my cabinet. Someone had painted fat cabbage roses on it.  I loved the look. Here it is:





 One of my customers is a gifted artist. I called and she was happy to give it a try.  So, today, this happened.

It was scary giving her free reign to embellish my beloved cabinet, but I am delighted with the end results.

Meanwhile, with typical New England quirkiness, the weather has changed from bitter, painful, cold, to downright balmy. The eves drip, the snow recedes, and the animals look happier and more relaxed.   Here is Spirit, smiling.

It was a good day.


No comments: