Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Abundance...

 We've had lots of rain, and are glad.  The pasture is lush and green, the gardens are growing beautifully, and the air is filled with birdsong. It is the height of summer and life is abundant. 

Cheryl came and mowed the pasture. She squeezed this project in amongst her already busy schedule, so it was an hour here, two hours there until it was done. Meanwhile, she left her tractor parked in our yard, and that made me happy. It looked like a "real" farmlette!

 The first night she came upon a lovely nest full of turkey eggs. Now, a week or so later, there is a hen turkey with a wee flock of tiny poults hanging around. 


The goats and donkeys seem to like it when the pasture is freshly shorn. They explore with obvious excitement and dine on things they previously could not reach. It seems to bring new energy to the whole herd. 

This evening when I went out to do chores I walked to the upper pasture and the animals all joined me. I heard a little commotion on the way back and turned to see a whole lot of running. This is about as fast as the donkeys ever move. I am delighted that I caught it on my camera. 


There is an abundance of joy captured here. 



No comments: