Sunday, February 2, 2020

Blink...

Chris has always been an incredibly inventive and thoughtful gift giver. One of my Christmas gifts was cameras to go inside the donkey dorm and goat room. They are from a company called "Blink," and are incredibly nifty.

My dear husband hooked them up a week or so ago. They can be viewed from an App on my phone or computer. I simply log in, and can look at one of two cameras to show either room. They work at night, and I can even listen in on the animals, or talk to them. The looks on their faces if I say, "Hi Goats!" Or, "Hello, Donks!" is quite comical.

These will be amazingly helpful at kidding time. I will be able to peek out and see if the girls are in labor without ever having to leave the house. No more toddling out in the rain or snow at 2:00 AM when I wake up worried and wondering.

I just took a peek to see what was up and here is what the image in the donkey dorm looks like.
Though this is a still picture, in reality when I click on I can see them moving about. It's such fun. 

Chris also got me a Game Cam, and we have it set up in the pasture so we can see what sort of critters are out there at night. As soon as I catch something interesting I will share. 

Technology like this continues to boggle my mind and make my life so much easier. Who knew I needed to be able to spy on my critters whenever I want? 


No comments: