Sunday, February 2, 2020

Waistlines...

 The donkeys are still on diets, and are most displeased. They let their displeasure be known by braying, long, loudly and with amazing frequency. I feel sad for my neighbors. Their waistlines do not seem to be shrinking, but then neither is mine.
 We've had a few warmish days, and all the animals soak up the sun while they can. I love this picture of fuzzy Sarah, resting her chin on the ground. I rarely see the donkeys do that, but she stayed this way for a long time, the picture of contentment.


Abraham was nearby, digesting breakfast and contemplating when snack time might be planned for. Jezebel laid down, too, but at an angle where I couldn't easily get her picture. It is unusual to see all three down at once, normally one will "stand guard," but they were obviously feeling secure on this morning.

Now let us discuss the goats waistlines. They are big girls, anyway, and from this angle you can see how broad they are. Spirit, on the right, is due to kid the last week of March. Bliss, her daughter, (left) is due the following week. That is a ways off, and those wide bodies make me wonder just how many kids are tucked up in there?

The waistlines at Fairwinds are generous. One of our friends recently told us, "I've decided you can't lose weight if you are happy." Maybe that's the problem, too much happiness.


No comments: