Friday, February 21, 2020

Doldrums..?

Sometimes I have trouble thinking of things to write about this time of year. I feel like all I write about is snow and goats. Life in winter gets a little small, and I don't wish to be boring. I was thinking this today when Rachel pointed out that Spirit goat was lying in some shavings/manure/compost that made up a little island in a sea of snow. She also mentioned that Spirit was looking very pregnant. I grabbed my camera... because she is looking rather wide.

Before I could put the camera back, she turned and yawned an enormous goat yawn.
She is clearly feeling the winter doldrums.

After she vacated her spot in the sun, it gained new occupants.


 Abraham and Bliss looked awfully sweet side by side. In the second picture, it looks like Bliss is whispering in his ear.

In the front yard, I was surprised to see some visitors.




Three Bluebirds came by for a brief stay, cheering the place up considerably.
Maybe things around here are not so dull after all.

No comments: