Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Focus...

I have a full, busy life. And I love it. But sometimes I feel too busy. Overwhelmed with home, yard,work, animals, family, friends, side jobs, helping others, writing, creating, cooking, living.... My "to do" list seems endless and daunting.

You know what helps? Taking a moment to focus on something simple.
This is an ornamental kale. I love the color, the texture, the amazing veins of pink spreading through the leaves. I love the prisms of rain drops that pool and shimmer and glint.

Taking time to STOP and look with wonder at the world around me helps me to focus on what is important. And it gives me time to dream, too. I read today that taking even a moment or two to focus on our dreams opens up possibilities. I want to be open to what the future holds. So, I pause and take time to focus on the little things, and time to dream about the big things. Do you?

No comments: