Saturday, September 25, 2010

A day of fullness...

I knew it was going to be a very good day. I knew it because when I woke up and was puttering about, I glanced out my living room window and saw this. My most special niece sleeping on my porch. She is one of my favorite humans and I got to spend the entire day with her today.

I taught her how to knead bread. It came out perfectly.


We went to the Common Ground fair in Unity, Maine. A perfect, sunny and warm day. We walked a LOT... and saw (and touched!) many wonders. And we did a little shopping and a little eating. I had lamb kabobs. Delish!

There was livestock... chickens, rabbits, mules and even working horse teams. I so love looking at livestock.



It was a spicy, flavorful day. Full of promise from dawn till dusk. A salute to the end of summer. A welcoming of autumn and the warmth of this colorful season.








1 comment:

Not So Apropos said...

That was a WONDERFUL day.

xo,
Cakes