Monday, September 6, 2010

The trouble with overindulging...


After several months of pretty strict dieting, I INDULGED on Saturday. At my friends wedding I ate several contraband items, including not one but TWO slices of (oh so delicious!) wedding cake. I had planned the dietary indiscretion for some time and enjoyed every moment of it. But afterwards I felt kind of icky, to be honest.
Today in the garage my husband discovered a seed stealing chipmunk that had gotten in over his head. He was at the very bottom of a very large trash can full of sunflower seeds, with no way out. Food galore- a veritable rodent feast, but he was trapped, trapped. I saw a lesson in it and got right back on the diet bandwagon.
PS, we put a long stick in the can and he was out of there in two shakes! Free, free!

No comments: