Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day unfolding...

I was raised by parents who were, perhaps, a bit tense and up-tight. They plotted and planned and micro managed. When I met and married Chris, I learned the joy of being with a person who is skilled at going with the flow of things. His idea of a very good day is one in which the events just unfold, with little planning. This took some getting used to, but I have learned to love his method of enjoying time. Like a flower opening to the morning sun, our days together unfurl and move gently with the light.
We discover wonders... such as faces carved into pilings along the harbor in Belfast.


And we visit friends... in this case my beloved Liz, who was riding Peach in a local horse show. They are stunning together; poetry in motion. Peach was dappled, warm and fragrant, Liz funny and elegant in her own special way.

Barefoot on a chilly, rocky beach I made a wondrous discovery... the sharp rocks and shells were owie to walk on... but if I held Chris' hand the discomfort was far less noticeable. The mere touch of his hand in mine made the walking fine. So, I guess that is why when his big arms are around me life and its unfolding days are oh-so-good.



No comments: