Monday, April 11, 2011

Freedom of the season...


I brought the bunny in last December. She has been living in the kitchen, dining well and being quite obviousoly bored. I was trying to wait until the weather was really fine before letting her go again, but yesterday was so stunning I couldn't wait another moment.

She surveyed the yard for about 5 miniutes before dashing out.
She spent the day checking out all of her favorite haunts. In the afternoon when I planted early peas, spinach and lettuce she joined me in the garden.
This morning when I went out to feed the hens the rabbit ran to meet me. And later when I was washing dishes I looked out the rain spattered window to see her leaping with what appeared to be pure, unadulterated bunny joy in the brown meadow grass.

I hope she has a wonderful spring and summer. I know I am richer for watching her obvious enjoyment of her small bunny life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That rabbit rear is hilarious! Thank you for your writing Daryl. ((HUG))